As someone who lived in NYC and had fresh bagels frequently, it's not the best start for my rating of Bodo's Bagels, the establishment that claims to have NYC style bagels. I have to be honest, their bagels are decent. They taste pretty good and are a decent size however, they are no NYC bagel. Thus, not a number 3 rating for Bodo's. Below is a list of items that Mr. Bodo should take into consideration:
- Don't be cheap when it comes to cream cheese. If you claim to be a NYC style bagel establishment then you have to realize that a large amount of cream cheese is a requirement.
- Have the option to toast your bagels. Sometimes your bagels are still warm, which is a plus, but sometimes a toasted bagel really hits the spot.
- Improve your coffee - it sucks.
- Like with the cream cheese - you have to put more than one slice of turkey and a piece of lettuce on a turkey bagel sandwich. Don't be cheap!
- Finally, your smoked salmon appears to be a little suspect - this is something NYC bagel joints are experts in...you need major improvement here.
If you want a bagel in Charlottesville, Bodo's will likely fill the craving, just don't expect it to be outstanding like a NYC bagel.