Sunday, March 27, 2011

3 - El Puerto (Charlottesville, VA)

LAST VISIT: 3/25/2011     http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-puerto-mexican-restaurant-charlottesville

There is LEGIT Mexican food in Charlottesville! Who knew?!?! I had no idea El Puerto existed - it is tucked in a strip mall that is just off one of the main roads through town.

El Puerto is decorated as an average hole-in-the-wall Mexican joint with vibrant colors and chotchkies all about. The smell when I walked in was inviting and had me immediately curious about the food.

The chips and salsa were tasty...a thinner basic salsa. I ordered the steak fajita quesadilla lunch special which came with rice. I was also able to sample a friend's fajita chicken. All in, the food was delish and as a Californian who has been exposed to plenty of Mexican food, I finally got a good fix! I plan to visit El Puerto again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Right on Deanne! "The Puert-dog", as we called it, opened my first year at UVa and not a week went by without a visit for my friends and I. Can't believe I couldn't think of it at lunch last week.

    ReplyDelete